- Fri 25 Nov – 10.30am-12pm, Hati Nati Cafe, Ruatoria
- Fri 25 Nov – 3.30-5pm, Fire Station, Tolaga Bay
- Sat 26 Nov – 12.30-2pm, Waikanae Surf Club, Grey St, Gisborne
An opportunity to hear from carbon farming advisor Vern Harris, on the opportunities, risks and benefits of land blocks carbon farming natives on the East Coast. There will also be presentations from MPI, Nuhiti Q about their agreement with Gull Oil to buy carbon credits to help with fencing and planting. There will be opportunities for land owners to discuss their particular situation with the presenters to look at what might work best for the land and owners.
– Opening Karakia
– Welcome, Overview & Introductions
– Vern Harris, carbon farming consultant: An overview of the ETS and economics of planting under the ETS and various carbon price scenarios, potential risks and rewards for landowners
– Nikki Searancke, chairperson Nuihiti Q: Details of the initial two-year agreement which sees Gull purchasing 12,000 units of Nuhiti Q Inc’s carbon credits totalling just over $220,000, which will be put towards fencing repairs and Manuka tree planting.
– Nick Willis, MPI: Government planting subsidies on the East Coast – Erosion Control Funding Programme and Afforestation Grants Scheme: eligibility, funding rates, application process, potential partnerships.
– Closing Karakia
– Informal discussions between participants
To register fill in the form below. For more information contact Manu Caddie 0274 202 957